We warmly welcome you to IDA Ontario’s 2023 Literacy and Learning Conference. This conference has a lineup of acclaimed national and international speakers, plus reading science exhibitors, fabulous prizes, and the opportunity to connect with educators across Canada.
To get the most out of your conference experience, please review some reminders below.
Registration & Badge Pickup
- Registration opens at 5:00 p.m. in front of the Mississauga Ballroom on Friday. If you are staying at the Hilton, you are welcome to pick up your badge after you check in.
- For those staying at the Westin or Holiday Inn, it is a 9 minute walk to the conference facility at the Hilton
- Please wear your badge during the entire conference. A $50 fee replacement fee will apply for any additional reprints.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Friday’s Network Reception begins at 7:00 p.m.
Book Signing with Christopher Such
- Don’t forget to bring your personal copy of The Art and Science of Teaching Primary Reading by Christopher Such. He will be available from 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. Friday evening for a book signing.
- Need a copy? Caversham Booksellers will be on-site with copies of Christopher’s book, plus many other excellent reading science resources.
View IDA’s Recommended Book List on Caversham Booksellers Website
- If you are not joining us on Friday evening, register and pickup your badge on Saturday morning starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m
- Attendee bags contain session materials and handouts. To ensure you can fully participate, please bring your bag on Saturday.
Discounted Parking at the Hilton
Discounted parking rates are $15 per day. Upon arrival, please park at the hotel. Find the QR code at Registration Desk to register your vehicle and it will prompt for credit card information.
Exhibitors are located in the Vista Ballroom. Visit at least 8 exhibitors with your passport to enter to win! Multiple winners will be selected throughout the weekend.
The silent auction has fantastic items from our donors! All proceeds will support IDA Ontario, a volunteer-run charity with no government funding. We rely entirely on your donations to advance our mission. Silent auction winners are asked to pay for their item Saturday at Registration during the afternoon break. If payment is not received, the item will be awarded to the next bidder.